Voice Classes with Anna Beaumont
Voice Teacher, Singer, Facilitator, Health Professional in Integrative Body Psychotherapy
VOICE CONNECTION – MONDAY’S AT 6PM – SAMPLE CLASS ON AUGUST 25TH @ 6PM
- Chakra body awareness and connection with singing
- Singing meditation
- The study of energy-in-motion (the emotions), vibration and harmony
- Group singing, toning and chanting
- Gentle movement with sound
This class is for people who want to sing but wish to try a different approach to singing that is more holistic in nature.
The sound of your voice is not as important as the connection to your feeling body and the experience of the movement of energy though the sound of your own voice. The singing voice naturally unfolds as we connect more deeply to ourselves and our essence. This is where the true freedom lies.
EXPRESS YOURSELF – TUESDAY’S AT 7PM – Home of the ‘One Voice Choir’
This class is a combination of the Voice Connection work (described above) from 7-7:45pm, and group songs from the One Voice Choir as well as practicing solo’s in front of the group in a masterclass format. This class is not a ‘choir’ class per se, but involves learning group songs. We do perform at the Centre for Spiritual Living a few times a year.
This is a recital class and participants can join the class in two capacities:
Choose a solo to perform in class and sing at the recital
Participate in class and observe the solo portion of the class
Note: To choose the solo spot you would be committing to taking at least two 45 minutes voice lessons from Anna
ONE VOICE CHOIR
The One Voice Choir is a combination of people from the Tuesday Express Yourself class as well as people from the Centre for Spiritual Living and, anyone wanting to join a choir that is ‘a little different’.
It is an opportunity to connect with your body instrument, with other like minded people and to create beauty together. The practice sessions include portions of the Voice Connection work but focus mainly on the learning of songs to perform at the Centre.
Practice times will be from 7:30 – 9:00 pm every other Monday in the sanctuary at the Centre 7621-101 Avenue starting in September.
YOUR HOLY GROUND – WEDNESDAY 7:00 – 8:30pm at The Centre for Spiritual Living
‘Coming to Your Senses’
8-week Journey through the Chakra System
Explore the 7 vital energy centers of the body with awareness and sound – this elegant system will help you to understand how your energy flows and what blocks it from flowing with health and vitality. We will use sound and singing to activate the vital energy in each center to release old beliefs and invite in what you want in your life
What is a chakra?
In Sanskrit, chakra translates into “wheel”. These “wheels” can be thought of as vortexes that both receive & radiate energy. There are 7 vital energy centers (aka chakras) in the human body. They run from the base of the spine to the crown of the head. Emotions, physical health, & mental clarity affect how well each chakra can filter energy. This in turn dictates how pure the energy is that’s emitted from different regions of the body.
It is our true nature in life to be in full color, vitality, expression and compassion. To experience this is to experience who you are all the way through, from tip to toe. And this is the activation and charging of the Chakra system.
Benefits of The Voice Connection:
- Increased well being, health and vitality
- Improvement of and connection to your singing voice
- An improved ability to speak up and communicate to others
- Body awareness and increased knowledge of energy and relationships
- To experience a community of like-minded people who want to connect through singing and this beautiful study of energy and life
**All classes are non-refundable
If you are unsure of if this is class is right for you before you join please contact me to find out more information or,
Come to a complimentary drop-in class on August 25th at 6pm.
For the Love of Sound,
VOICE CONNECTION FAQ :
What will we be doing in this workshop?
Discover and experience deeper awareness of Self through; breath, movement and singing/toning that facilitate both connection and communication of the Whole Self.There is the CONNECTION to Self, and then the COMMUNICATION of the Self outwards. In the Voice Connection we will discover and experience both CONNECTION and COMMUNICATION of who you are with the use of:
- Chakra awareness and toning
- Letting Go; an improvisational singing exercise designed to free the mind from the grips of the perfectionist and critic.
- How to use awareness and sound to work with the nervous system for healing and balance of energy
- How to open and surrender yourself to the light and beauty of the singing voice
Do I need to have prior singing experience?
Not at all
Is this more for a spiritual experience or a performance experience?
It is both. Sound and singing takes us deeper inside of ourselves to our true nature and that is always a spiritual experience. The performance part you could call ‘delivering the message of who you are’, instead of the word, performing.
Will there be a lot of movement and exercise?
There will be gentle movement in order to bring a charge of energy and aliveness into your body so we can create new pathways, new grooves inside of us for a new way of being. You will take care of yourself and only do what feels good for you. You are in charge.
Why should I take this workshop?
- To learn to move and release energy with sound and singing
- To learn the benefits of singing and the joy it can bring
- To unleash a deeper and more authentic you who can communicate more authentically
- To learn how to ‘get out of the way’ of yourself and stop resisting life
- To discover how your voice will always tell you the truth
- To experience a new kind of Freedom
VOICE CONNECTION CLASSES – SUMMER 2013
Developing Whole Being Awareness with Sound, Breath & Movement